Working at Canada-China Agriculture and Food Development Exchange Centre (CCAgr)
Welcome to CCAgr, one of the country's largest and most well-known centre connected to Canada-China agriculture and food industries in academics, business and governments.
At CCAgr, we believe our talented people are our greatest asset. We encourage our employees to participate in numerous professional development opportunities, both internally and externally. We believe in maintaining a diverse workforce in an environment that fosters mutual respect. Most importantly, we encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
CCAgr provides a wide range of promising, exciting and fulfilling career opportunities.
We offer career opportunities in English Writing, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Agriculture, Food, and Information Technology. Employee expertise and dedication characterize the workforce found throughout our Centre.
At CCAgr, our employees are committed to actively promoting Canadian and Chinese cooperation and exchange in agriculture, agri-food and life sciences through a wide range of services for our members and the public.
CCAgr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.
Wine marketing manager
Annual salary: $50,000 Canadian plus commission
Wine marketing manager at our winery implements a variety of marketing initiatives for the winery. Your primary responsibility is to improve the winery’s brand exposure in the marketplace and increase sales of the winery’s products.
You will perform a wide range of marketing activities to achieve these goals including developing marketing strategies, creating an advertising plan, performing market research, and planning media engagement. It is a high level role that is very important for the success of our winery.
- Collect market share information from as many reliable sources as possible, to gain as accurate, monitor wine industry trends from related, analyze the information for any use it can be put to in revising targets, strategies, and tactics in the Sales and Marketing effort
- Establish the short and long term strategic plan (media, pricing, positioning, etc.), complete monthly Nielsen analysis reports for senior management and monthly QA updates to provide updates in sales, market share, to ensure quality standards and identify potential problems.
- Manage all aspects of advertising development and strategy, including brochures, press kits, newsletters, bottle labels, advertising, website updates and promotions budget, (including invoicing, reconciliation, monthly accruals and preparations of the Project Approval Forms.)
- Lead, manage, direct the Sales and Marketing Team in the development, creation and execution of the wines sales and marketing plans ensuring that all are completed and executed on time and on budget
- Consult and collaborate with product development, sales and trade marketing on new opportunities Shares information and relevant data with the team, builds bridges with all departments in the winery and seeks to drive the business and with marketing agencies to develop successful marketing initiatives
- Continuously refine and revise approaches to achieving revenue and market share targets employing a results based approach, Develop and implement tactics for ensuring all proposals are submitted in a timely manner, with unique and distinctive touches that separate us from our competitors and generate additional sales
- Oversee all aspects of Sales and Marketing operations, maintains adequate administrative support for the sales effort and ensures the maintenance of accurate and updated account files and follow-up procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or Business required
- Minimum three years’ experience as sales or marketing for winery, food and beverage industry
- Outstanding spoken and written communication skills
- Leadership skills and the ability to drive improvement within the business
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Intellectual curiosity and problem solving skills
- Ability to be creative and innovative when creating marketing plans and marketing materials
- Driven, motivated and able to take the initiative
- Must have a proactive, entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about the wine industry and selling wine
- Highly confident at analysing market data
- Able to use a variety of market analysis and analytics software tools
- Strong customer service orientation
- Able to work autonomously in a sometimes high-pressure work environment
If you are interested in, please send your cover letter, resume to following email and fax. We will contact you only if you are selected for interview. No phone call please.
Wine Inventory Controller
Wine inventory controller
Annual salary: $35,000 Canadian
Under the supervision of Winery Manager, the Wine inventory controller’s main role is to ensure the accuracy of the inventory, oversee the flow of inventory into and out of a warehouse, from ordering, storage, maintenance, loading and shipment; helping in the receiving and order fulfillment activities, by investigating and analyzing inventory discrepancies in order to bring sustainable corrective actions, and by implementing inventory control processes.
- Oversee shipping and receiving operations, set schedules, monitoring performance and conducting reviews
- Receive goods and help prepare customer orders, picking orders and internal transfers with the team.
- Identifying causes of issues by analysis and implementing process improvements as required to enhance the customer experience
- Maintains systems in backroom to protect inventory, prevent damage and ensure efficient, accurate system for replenishment from back stock/Overstock
- Review inventory counts and balance accuracy, maintain adequate merchandise quantity and stock levels
- Maintain good relationship and cooperation with Customer Service, Sales, Purchasing, and Production
- Own inventory adjustment processes by challenging and explaining discrepancies, approving and executing the adjustments, or correcting transactions in the ERP, based on historical transaction analysis, and presenting reports and recommendations to sales leaders and management
- Support domestic and international shipping activities
- Responsible for all inventory controls, coordinate and handle administrative tasks as it relates to the above responsibilities
- Two or three years of Inventory controller’s experience in winery, food and beverage industry is desired.
- Education or certification in operations management, Supply Chain, Logistics/Transportation, or a related discipline is desired.
- High aptitude for numbers and data analysis
- Proven track record in implementing inventory control improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work under challenge, and pressure workload
- Must be confident and effective communicator both verbally and orally in English
- Ability to lift 30 or more pounds.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of inventory management technology and tools.
- Ability to understand inventory movement transactions and reconciling inventory
- Excellent Excel skills, Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional analytical and troubleshooting capabilities, ability to analyze data/numbers, summarize findings and make recommendations
- Accounting experience would be an asset
If you are interested in, please send your cover letter, resume to following email and fax. We will contact you only if you are selected for interview. No phone calls please.
As our business is expanding we have the need for representatives from across the country. Ideally we would like to bring aboard two representatives from each province of Canada.
Looking for semi-retired or retired agri-professionals in farming, producing, exporting, importing or agri-government professionals wanting to use their expertise and keep active in their field, and at the same time helping our Canadian companies in the Canada-China Agriculture and Agri-food business. Or if you are still employed, have extra time on your hands and want to join our team, we are looking for you. In our business we provide agri-tours, agri-consulting, export assistance……etc. to China. (Please check out our website for more details on our company’s services)
- To Promote and organize your local farmers and other local agri-businessmen for an Agri-tour/ agri-mission to China.
- To arrange Chinese agriculture, agri-food professional/business delegates for touring your area.
- Locate and contact your local Canadian agri-producers who would be interested in pursuing Consultation for the purpose of Exporting/Importing of agri-products with China in the agriculture and agri-food industries.
- Locate and contact potential clients who would have an interest in finding an agri-business partner in China for a future agri-venture to increase their business with.
- Locate and contact potential clients who have an interest in investing from or to China.
- Find out other Canada-China agriculture, agri-food relative business opportunities.
You can work full-time or part-time from home.
- It is Essential that you are well educated and/or experienced with a background in agriculture, farming and/or the agri-food business in your area.
- Some experience in agricultural, agri-food sales, communications, consulting or event organizing.
- We offer a training program to get you started with your work.
- We offer a high commission for successful completion of retaining a client.
- We offer our centre here in Hamilton, Ontario’s email address and full office support.
If you are interested in the position, please send your resume and cover letter to
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No phone call please!