416 642 3890
Suite 1003,150 Main Street West
Hamilton, ON L8P 1H8
Canadian Tour and Agri-tour to China
Day 1 Arrival / Shanghai
Transfer via: Air Canada flight to China
Upon your arrival at Shanghai, China's most cosmopolitan city, our local guide will meet you and escort you to your hotel. The rest of the day is free at your own leisure.
Day 2 (B, L, D) Shanghai
Today, your full-day excursion of incredible Shanghai will include: Shanghai Museum, the Bund and the Nanjing Road, Yu Garden and Yuyuan Market. Enjoy a wonderful Portman Acrobatic Show at the Shanghai Centre Theatre tonight.
- Shanghai Museum: often ranked as China's best museum, it is the biggest museum in China with a fine collection of over 120,000 pieces of Chinese artifacts.
-The Bund (the word “Bund” was derived from Anglo-Indian word meaning quay): Where the great trading houses and banks had their headquarters in 1920s and 1930s, about a mile long, it is the city's fulcrum.
- Nanjing Road: known as “China's No.1 Shopping Street” with a huge quantity of merchandise on sale.
- Yu Garden: located in the Old Town of Shanghai and laid out in 1559 AD by a powerful Ming official, Yu Garden recreates a beautiful landscape of pagodas, pavilions, rockeries, fountains, ancient trees and precious flowers.
- Yuyuan Market: Outside the Yu Garden, a bustling market with different snacks and trinkets.
- Portman Acrobatic Show: Chinese Acrobatics is one of the oldest performing arts with its history tracing back to Neolithic times, during its development in the history, it has been absorbing plentiful merits from the opera, dance and Chinese Kungfu, and formed its own artistic features. At the Portman Acrobatic Show, in a very typical Shanghainese setting and atmosphere, you will enjoy many breathtaking and stunning programs, such as Calvaria Skills, Silk Suspending, Hoop Diving and so on performed by very skillful performers, you will truly have an unforgettable experience of your life.
Day 3 (B, L, D) Shanghai / Guilin
Free in the day until our local guide escorts you to the airport for your flight to your next destination--Guilin. Upon your arrival at Guilin, the most scenic city in China, our local guide will meet you and escort you to your hotel. Today's excursion will bring you to the Elephant Trunk Hill, the Fubo Hill and the Reed Flute Cave and some farm tours. Because of geography, the climate is different from the northern part of China. In this province we can enjoy different crops, plants and animal husbandry, such as rice and water buffalo. Today we visit a piggery in a suburb, it has more than 3000 pigs and afterwards we talk with local experts about agriculture and exchange views.
- Elephant Trunk Hill: the symbol of Guilin, which resembles a giant elephant drinking water from the Li River.
- Fubo Hill: You will see lots of statues of Buddha left about 1000 years ago in the Returned Pearl Cave and have a bird’s eye view of the whole city after climbing up to the very top.
- Reed Flute Cave: 5 kilometers away from the city center, famed as “A Natural Palace of Art”, in which you can see lots of stalactites & stalagmites illuminated by the lights of different colors and learn how they were formed.
Day 4 (B, L, D ) Guilin
After breakfast, drive to Zhujiang Pier (about 40-minute drive) to start the boat cruise along the tranquil Li River which is the highlight in Guilin until you get to Yangshuo County. We lunch on the boat. Along the river, you will be inspired by breathtaking views of peaks and pinnacles, crystal-clear water and reflections in the water together with the serene pastoral views of rice paddies, water buffaloes and countless duck farms along two sides of the riverbank, you are certainly walking into a traditional Chinese painting by cruising on it. Yangshuo is a tiny county town set amidst pinnacles, and makes a great base from which to explore other villages and talk to peasants about their rice production, water buffalo and other enterprises. Then we drive back to Guilin. We will have dinner with local agricultural experts and local business owners in the evening!
Day 5 (B, L, D) Guilin / Chongqing / Embark American Victoria Star
Transfer via: Flight on our arrangement
Today you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to Chongqing to board the American Victoria Star. Upon your arrival at Chongqing, the largest city in Southwest China, our local guide will meet you and escort you to the city to have the city tour, including visits to Erling Park and the Stillwell Museum. Local agricultural experts and business owners will have a hot pot dinner with us. You may find some agri-business opportunities in this key area, which is part of the new China Western Development Strategy. Our tour guide and private vehicle will escort you to the pier for you to join your ship (American Victoria Star) on the Yangtze River Cruise, which will depart Chongqing at 21:00.
- Erling Park: one of the old private gardens in Chongqing, built in late Qing Dynasty around 1909 AD, due to its relatively high altitude, there you can have a bird's eye view of the whole city.
-Stillwell Museum: the private residence of General Stillwell who was the commander of the China-Burma-India Theater during World War II, now it is a museum displaying the wartime heroics of the Flying Tigers and honoring the US participation against Fascists in World War II.
Accommodations: On the ship
Day 6 (B, L, D) Yangtze Cruising
Shore excursion to Shibaozhai 08:00-10:00 this morning.
--Shibaozhai: a gem of Chinese architecture, literally means Stone Treasure Fortress in English. It is a 12-storey red wood tower which was first built in the Qing Dynasty with 300 years of history. It was built against a rectangular rock with sheer cliffs on the river bank 56 meters high, on the top of which you can enjoy a panoramic view of the rapid river and the countryside.
Accommodations: On the ship
Day 7 (B, L, D ) Yangtze Cruising
Shore excursion to Lesser Three Gorges by smaller vessels this morning (08:00-13:00).
--Lesser Three Gorges: indicating three separate valleys along the Daning River, the chief tributary of the Yangtze River, they are called "Dragon-Gate Gorge", "Misty Gorge" and "Dicui (Emerald) Gorge" respectively. You can take a small boat to enjoy the spectacular views and experience a water-borne sensation you have never had before when the natural scenic wonders unfold in front of you with clear water flowing fast through the gorges, sheer cliffs and steep mountains rising on either side to create one fine art gallery.
--The Three Gorges Dam: spanning the Yangtze at Sandouping, Yichang, Hubei province, China, construction began in 1994, it is now the largest hydroelectric dam in the world. The Dam will be 2,335 meters long, 18 meters wide, and its bottom will be 130 meters wide after completion in 2009, and by then the water level will rise to 135 meters above sea level. The reservoir began filling on June 1, 2003, and will occupy the present position of the scenic Three Gorges area, between the cities of Yichang, Hubei; and Fuling, Chongqing Municipality.
Accommodations: On the ship
Day 8 (B, L, D) Yichang—Xian
Shore excursion to Three Gorges Dam sites this morning 08:00-10:00. After lunch, you will disembark the ship in Yichang at 13:30. Upon your disembarkation at Yichang pier, our tour guide and private vehicle will meet you and escort you to the airport for your flight to Xian. Upon your arrival at Xian Airport, our local guide will meet you and escort you to your hotel. The rest of the day is free at your own leisure.
Day 10 (B, L, D) Xian
Today, you will enjoy a full-day excursion to the incredible life-size Terracotta Warriors and Horses. After lunch, visit the Ancient City Walls and the Bell Tower. Complete the day with a savory dumpling dinner and the Tang Dynasty show both at Shaanxi Grand Opera Theatre.
- Terracotta Warriors and Horses: discovered in 1974 by local farmers digging a well, one of the most significant archeological finds of the 20th century. These 6,000 life-sized painted terracotta warriors and horses --individually sculpted from real-life models and arranged in battle formation, have been protecting the mausoleum of the first emperor in Chinese history—Emperor QinShihuang since 2,200 years ago.
- The Ancient City Walls: built during the 14th century on Tang dynasty foundations, date to the Ming Dynasty, the walls are the largest and best-preserved ancient fortress in the world. There is a gate in each of the four sides, the gate towers built over each gate look lofty and magnificent and form a tight defence engineering system.
- Bell Tower: standing in the center of the city and built in 1582, the Bell Tower is a three-story wooden structure with traditional Chinese architectural features, it is so called because an iron bell is hung in the tower to give the correct time.
- The Dumpling Dinner: Dumpling or Jiaozi in Chinese is a traditional and popular food in China, especially in the north. At the dinner, nearly 20 varieties of dumplings that are steamed and stuffed with different delicious fillings such as vegetables, meats and seafood are served. These dumplings are not only tasty, but also characteristic with their colors and fragrance, style and culture meanings, all these make the dinner so unique that you should not miss it when traveling in Xian.
- Tang Dynasty Show: the Tang Dynasty (618-907 AD) was one of the most glorious dynasties in China's history, Xian was the capital during the Tang Dynasty and called as Chang'an. Tang Dynasty Show is a performance of Chang'an music and dances in Tang Dynasty style laid out according to various historical records and ancient arts and relics discovered in Xi'an, during the show, the musicians present the music with the Tang-Dynasty-style musical instruments and the dancers dance by wearing a Tang-Dynasty-style robe with long white silk sleeves, you will certainly enjoy this national art that reflects the glory and richness of the Tang Dynasty era.
Day 11 (B, L, D) Xian --- Agri-tour
Today, you will visit the mythical birthplace for Chinese Agriculture -Yangling nearby Xian Downtown.
--- Yangling is the mythical birthplace of Chinese agriculture. Legend has it that one Hou Ji began to teach people in the area how to farm, starting a revolution that wound up creating Chinese civilization.
The Yangling Agricultural Hi-tech Industries Demonstration Zone, the only such zone in China, was established in 1997. Since then it has continuously received support from 19 ministries and Shaanxi People’s Government.
Yangling is rich in scientific research and educational resources as two universities and some research institutes are located here and more than 5000 achievements have been reached. Yangling is now the cradle of China’s agricultural science and technology development and a significant base for the demonstration of agricultural industries.
Yangling enjoys leading industries in plant and animal breeding, environment conservation, agri-materials, green food and bio-pharmaceutics. So far about 800 enterprises are based in Yangling.
Day 12 (B, L, D ) Xian – Qingdao, Shandong (10:00)
After breakfast, we take a flight to Qingdao, Shandong province. Upon your arrival, our local guide will meet you and escort you to the hotel. Qingdao offers food with distinctive flavors--especially seafood. So take this chance to enjoy the delicious seafood of Qingdao. Also, Qingdao is the home of the famous Qingdao (Tsingtao) Beer. Have a bottle of pure Qingdao Beer right here in Qingdao!
After lunch, the local guide will take you tour this unbelievable city!
---Shandong Agriculture: Shandong ranks one of top provinces in the production of a variety of products, including cotton, wheat, poultry, pork and vegetables. Shandong is one of the richer provinces of China. This province ranks number one in agri-food exports. If you want to understand Chinese agriculture, you should visit here.
Day 13 (B.L.D) Qingdao / Wei fang /Beijing
After breakfast, we take a private bus and tour the most important agricultural area of China –Weifang, Shandong province. Our local agricultural experts will guide us all day. We will visit a flower farm, a swine farm and Chinese-style sunning greenhouses and a vegetable farm. The sunning greenhouse technology, invented by Chinese, does not need any extra energy and can grow vegetables all year round, even in the cold winter season. Several Canadian greenhouse professionals already visited there and want to import this technology for cold Canada and save some money for Canadian growers!
Weifang is not just famous for agriculture but also kite flying. Every year the Weifang International Kite Festival attracts thousands of Kite Flyers from all over China and kiting enthusiasts from around the world. We will visit Yangjiabu Kite Museum and Workshop in Weifang. You can buy some fabulous kites as gifts there!
Our kind local agricultural experts will invite us for a local fresh dinner before we take an evening flight to our last stop in China—Beijing, China’s capital! Upon your arrival, our local guide will meet you and escort you to your hotel.
Day 14 (B, L, D) Beijing
As an introduction to the imperial city of Beijing, the tour offers a stroll in Tiananmen Square, the world's largest square, bordered by the Great Hall of the People ,and the National Museum of China. This will be followed with a walk to the Forbidden City, and the complex of the Imperial Palace. It was home to the Chinese Emperors for over 500 years, and is sited on 72 hectares of land with 9000 rooms covering a floor space of 150,000 square meters. Grand halls and courts gradually give way to more intimate domestic quarters, giving an insight into the pampered isolation of the emperors. This afternoon will be one of the highlights of the tour, the climbing of the Great Wall. No visit to China would be complete without seeing the Great Wall. The Great Wall of China was first built in the Warring States period (475-221 BC) as a series of earthworks erected by individual kingdoms as a defense against each other as well as from invasions from the north. Its main objective was to keep out Genghis Khan and the Mongolian hordes. This proved only partially successful. The present day wall was left from the Ming dynasty and it represents one of the wonders of the world. After this excursion, we will have a Peking Duck Banquet.
Peking Duck: Peking Roasted Duck is processed in several steps: first the ducks are rubbed with spices, salt and sugar, and then kept hung in the air for some time. Then the ducks are roasted in an oven, or hung over the fire till they become brown with rich grease perspiring outside and have a nice odor.
Day 15 (B, L, D) Beijing / Exit
Transfer via: International flight on our arrangement.
After breakfast, you will visit Beijing's splendid Temple of Heaven, which is the last stop on the tour. You will then take the afternoon flight to your sweet home with all your new friends from across Canada.
- The Temple of Heaven: the place which was visited yearly by the emperors who performed intricate rituals to insure a good harvest for the whole nation in ancient times.